The present lighthouse is one of Denmark's oldest active lights.
In 2001 a local support group, Bågø Fyrs Venner, was granted the right to manage the building as a historic monument and conduct tours for the public.
ARLHS DEN-015; DFL-4370; Admiralty C0988; NGA 2636.1976 (station established 1777).
Active; focal plane 5 m (16 ft); white, red, or green light, depending on direction, occulting twice every 8 s. ) lantern, painted white with one narrow red horizontal band.
Located on the coast at Tvingsberg, about 3 km (2 mi) north of Assens. ARLHS DEN-048; directional light: DFL-4214, Admiralty C0967; front range light: DFL-4218b, Admiralty C0968, NGA 2608. Active; focal plane 28 m (92 ft); white light, 2 s on, 2 s off. The front of the tower is painted with red and white horizontal bands; the other sides are painted a dark brown or black.